September 22, 2006

Another week down

This week was a pretty good week. Now we are in full school mode. I have gotten the routine down pact. I know where I'm going and what's expected of me. I know I've said this like a million times but I'm so happy to be here. This is such an opportunity - I'm sit in classes next to eighteen year olds holding my own. It's been awhile since in school, so I'm feeling a little "happy."

Programming C++, we had a test in this class this past week, I recv an 83 yup that's a B.....I was pleasantly surprised since I was expecting something closer to an c-....I was staring at some questions for awhile. I was also a bit doubtful since the professor has not collected one homework assignment, so it wasn't like I was in know that I was on the right track.

French, we had a test this week as well, I recv'd an 94.5, yup that's an A.....now this one really shocked me, since my french isn't that fly. You should hear my answers in class...not cute...but according to my test, I know what I'm doing....yeah boyeeee

Algebra, we had a test here also....in this class I recv a 90...a bit disappointed...2 wrong that should have been right...this is my major and I know this stuff...just dumb errors....I'll have to do better next time.

Writing, this was the surprise of the week....I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but I am not a fan of english or writing...just not my thing...So we have a paper due this coming Monday. We all had to meet individually with the professor and review what we currently had written. He made some grammatically corrections to my paper......but here's the kicker......here it comes...."You're a pretty good writer." .......yup, the smile appeared on my face...here I am sitting across a man who holds a Ph.D. in english is telling me that I'm a good writer...before that comment, I thought I sucked, but now you all should now that my head a little big...Yes, I'm smelling myself, myself the writer.....no grade yet, but I will keep you posted.

Dance Technique, um this class is not at all what I expected. You I know I can hold it down at the club and stuff....but damn, our professor has us breaking sweats but just standing up. The strecthes we have to are so intense....I know they are to build core muscle - but I'm a little too old for all that...so far so good...I do what is asked of me...not to mention, we had to create our own little sections of a routine and yes, I was called to the front to show mine to the class.....I'm telling ya, it's amazing I can fit my head through the door.

School is good right now..

1 comment:

Single Ma said...

Glad to know everything is working out. Even the stressful exams will be a blessing...one step closer to completing your degree.