August 1, 2006

Ok, I've missed a few days..... but we are at 18 Days left....

so let me catch you up

Friday - I caught so much attitude from my manager for emailing my letter to the branch manager and cc'ing her and not emailing directly to her and cc'ing him. I wonder why I'm so happy to be leaving..
Frinight - Went to Adams Morgan for the first time - Somewhat enjoyed myself. Hung out with the ladies - can't complain. Why even mention this - In 18 days I will be moving to a place where I know me and my 4 year old only. So there will be no hanging out for me. Strictly books and homework ( my goal is to have a 3.7 gpa or better by graduating). We'll see, hehe

Saturday - My babes had a sleep over guest, now most people wouldn't like that(entertaining, feeding, driving, extra cleaning and etc).....but since my daughter is at that super chatty stage in her life - where every thought is a word. I don't mind sharing her conversations with other people - really! Trust me !

Sunday- Skipped church....It was time to wash and braid my baby's hair. This sounds super simple, but it's not and it's extremely time consuming. Let just say that she was born with a full head of hair - no bald spots - so now it's four years later and the hair has multiplied over and over and over again. She has a lot of beautiful thick hair- but it takes forever to complete it. I have to wash it in sections (seriously), then dry it with towel - then moustrize quickly and do section braids, then take a break, regroup and go back for the braiding. My braid can last longer than 1 month - but since it's summer and she is always in the water, after 3 weeks...we are looking fuzzzzy. Ok, it took me over 2 hours for braiding only - I am done. I actually had hand cramps. That was a first.

Monday - This was probably the most stressful day at work that I have had in along time. I smiled through it - nothing can keep me down now, I see my future ahead of me - my path is clear. All I have to do is get there.
I also recv'd my email from the Director of the program...I recv my new address, phone number and all the specifics. I am just smitten with this opportunity. When I read the email - you could have swore that some was giving me a million bucks. I was so ecstatic - the email literally wiped away all my days tensions.

No comments: