August 16, 2006

2 Days Left...

Bittersweet is all I can say about today...Today was the last day of work! I woke up this morning just ready to face whatever challenges the day might face me. Such as , make sure all reports are up to date, all items are filed and so on...
They made a feast built for king to send me off..it was very touching. Although I am not a fan of what I do dealing with customers and such, I am going to miss my co-workers. They have kept me company for 2 years plus...somewhat like an extended family. I'm going to miss them, the office banter, the comments about management and how they do so many things wrong...lol...those days are now over.

I took tomorrow off to regroup and spend some time alone before moving to school. you know, go to the movies, get a manicure..sleep in if I can. I also plan on taking a cake to my daughter's school to help her celebrate with her friends...and to say goodbye and take some pictures...Tomorrow is her last day, just when she was loving her new teacher...sad, but we must go...

Things are really coming together, I have hella packing to do tonight...everything is coming together nicely.

Nothing new from Financial Aid, on my reduction of income form - but I am prayful that things are going to work out...since technically I am unemployed and about to become a starving student.....

2 comments:

Ree-C said...

I started reading your blog and thought of myself. I am also in my late 20s (28) with a 15month year old. I am returning back to school in 2weeks. I can't afford to quit my job because I am a single parent, but I find you admirable at what you are doing. Education is so important to live more comfortably. I commend you. Good Luck on your upcoming semester. With God, all things are possible.

Newy said...

2nd Chance...please go to see http://ijuswannasing.blogspot.com/ AKA Smart Black Woman...tell her about your school. She is a single mother of one. She thinks the military is the only way she can get an education now...tell her there is hope. I pray that everything is going well for you.