July 14, 2006

36 More Days


Every now and then I get a little nervous about leaving work to further my education..I'll admit I get a bit nervous. Going from a paycheck every 2 weeks to no paycheck is going to be a huge life adjustment. Where do I get my motivation from????

Freaking Micro-managers !!! This job has me sick, coming in here to do a job that I'm paid for. But then I have people who sit and review, review and re-review just because and then question every little thing. This is beyond me...this work is longer cut out for me - no longer.
Why am I upset? I'll tell you..
Our manager was out this morning and she just called in to announce that she will be sitting with people when she gets in to review reports that we have been reviewing all morning. I don't want anyone sitting with me, not now not ever......I feel like I was transported to my daughter's daycare center. I could go on and on - but there is so much history that I won't even bother.

I'm NOT going to MISS the daily grind of completing reports and then having someone review them to ask you the same questions that you just answered....

When things like this happen - I am ECSTATIC that I have an out...another choice...It's going to be hard - but it will be well worth it in the end.

2 comments:

Single Ma said...

36 days will be over before you can blink an eye. Try to grin and bear it. Always think about your future plans when they want to sit down and do a re-review review. LOL They'll wonder what you're so happy about but it'll be your little secret. In 36 days, that BS will be history!!

Your paycheck will be gone, but the student loans and financial aid will carry you through. I did it for four years. It wasn't easy, things were extremely tight, but it was worth the sacrifice. Getting an education is an investment in YOU and YOU are your greatest asset. Good luck!

2nd Chance said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement. They actually know I'm leaving - every moment I get to gloat..I use it
I keep saying that there is something better for me out there...My branch manager doesn't care much for those comments..