January 26, 2007

Phew, it's hard to keep up with this blog - but I must make sure I chronicle my experience here.

I had my first RA meeting tonight, I think it went well. Now I have to prepare a program for February. Mind you I have children as well as adults on my floor so I need to include everyone. This should be fun and exciting. I'm thinking of having a "bake your mom cupcakes" day. I'll work on that some more this weekend.

I also had my first student government meeting this past Tuesday, it went alright. Not too many issues as of yet, but I'm sure the problem will start rolling in as soon as the students realize we are back in session.

Work Study - I left work behind because I didn't want to have the pressures of work on my mind when I left the office. I am starting to feel that way about my work study, they have grown to trust and give me work to complete on my own, The only issue is that these assignments have deadlines and I only work 3 to 5 hours a week. I actually found myself contemplating on taking the work home with me "am I crazy?" I need to step back and just complete the work that I can during the time I have. I must remember that I am here first for school and nothing else. I need to not be so efficient (ha ha).

My classes started this past week and I'm back in the full swing of it all over again, homework, reading, assignments and research. I love it! I can see myself turning into a professional student - maybe I'll just stay in school until I obtain my PhD.

Who knows??

2 comments:

Kel said...

I'm very much intrigued by your story and I'm about to undergoe the same thing in August (going back to college.) I'm curious. Where is most of your FinAid coming from? Grants, scholarship, loans, out of pocket?

Melanoma in B&W said...

Dear 2nd Chance,

I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.

I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm

I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Thank you in advance,

Carmen