January 6, 2007

First week of classes down, not so bad - this school is pretty simple if you stay on top of it. I've made some changes for the new year - OK, I'm going to try it for a month first. No more Television. I just watched way to much. I figured if I weren't spending so much time on TV - I might have earned better grades. I know the ones I received are pretty good - but if I can do better - I'm going to try. Yes, I'm a bit of an overachiever.

So far my daughter hasn't even missed the television, kids really just follow your lead. We have been having a nice time reading more books and doing allot of outside activity. I wasn't the "let's go outside to play catch type" but it's not that bad and were exercising together... so far no TV is proving to be good for her and I.

Ok, mini- mesters sound nice and easy but they are anything but. The workload is the same and you only have a little bit of time to get everything done. That is why I am so grateful to be here where I don't have to concern myself with work & bills. I thank God for this opportunity everyday.

Can we talk about this weather - it's lovely just lovely. It's January 6, 2007 and I am wearing flip flops! I dropped my daughter at dancing school this morning and took a walk to truly appreciate this weather. I know people who concern themselves with the ozone layers are having a hard time with our current temperatures - but I am loving this 60 degree weather in January. This only adds to my current great attitude :)

Now that I eliminated TV, I need to work on cutting down my computer surfing - maybe for 2009

No comments: